• Advertisement

Joe Shadow and Shadow Oak Bo

Shooting Dogs, All Age, saddle up and let's go.

Moderator: yawallac

Joe Shadow and Shadow Oak Bo

Postby bhouston » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:07 pm

Over the past thirty-five years, I have been priviledged to own several champions. None, of course, were the caliber of Joe Shadow and Shadow Oak Bo. I suppose I am somewhat 'kennel blind", but I believe Joe Shadow was one of the premier sires in the pointer breed. He had it all....brains, power, style, and distance. I have been asked to compare Joe and Bo which is very difficult to do because Bo is really coming into his prime. I can say this without any reservation, his win at the Continental Ch. was as good, if not better, than Joe's. His finish, after two hours, was absolutely breath taking. I believe he is not only the best setter, but one of the best bird dogs campaigning today. If he stays healthy, I believe he'll be a multiple champion and set new standards for the setter breed. The next few years should prove to be very exciting.

Butch
bhouston
Kennel Helper

Re: Joe Shadow and Shadow Oak Bo

Postby Mike S » Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:50 am

Butch - I know that Bo has been bred to several females. What have you seen in these pups?
Life is short.
Quit your job.
Turn off the TV.
Go outside and play.

Living with Bird Dogs
Mike S
Gallery Wagon

Postby bhouston » Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:29 pm

Right now, pups are too young to make any predictions but will post on this site once they get some age on them. He is having large litters with the first two bitches whelping 12 and 10.

Butch
bhouston
Kennel Helper

Postby Mike S » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:21 am

Thank you, Butch. I will stayed tuned for news.
Life is short.
Quit your job.
Turn off the TV.
Go outside and play.

Living with Bird Dogs
Mike S
Gallery Wagon

Postby bkukar » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:47 am

Butch
I feel fortunate to own several of Joe's offsrping and he is the foundation of my kennel CH Shadow's Tennessee Girl, Rester's Domino, and Shadow's Tennessee Joe are still alive and kicking. I have never met you but think the world of your program and your dogs. We actually attempted to bred a litter together using Joe's straws. Scout ( Tn girls mom) was my dog. John Rex had her at the time. We had two litters out of her with Joe. John Rex was the breeder. I have three of his grandpups I will be running this year. Jack Shadow and Pennie Shadow are first year all age ( Kate x Ben Adams-litter mate to in the shadow and distant shadow) and Domino Shadow ( born 6-23-10) will be a young derby this year. She is by Resters Domino x Ben Adams. You should be hearing more out of these three. They are 3/4 Joe ( both out of JS females and ben is out of Doerrs Clare Shadow). Bob Shelton is smiling down on us

I am also fortunate to have known Bo since he was whelped. Buddy is my dear friend and we work dogs together. Bo is one of the best bird finders I have seen. Buddy ran him at the Cajun Derby before you owned him. He had five finds in 30 minutes. Anyone who has ever been to Black Prairie can tell you that is quite a feat. Birds are scarce there. He is a good one
bkukar
Pro Scout

Postby bhouston » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:52 pm

Good to hear from you. Robin is still running Joe's offspring. Bo is in Canada with Robin and Hunter now. I have purchased two young, well bred females in hopes of completely revitalizing the ALL AGE setter. We will be looking to hear good things out of your pups this year. I will watch this board as things develop. Not real techie so sometimes miss some postings or am late checking them.....am trying to check more often.

Butch
bhouston
Kennel Helper

Postby Bob Wheelock » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:58 am

This photo is 8 of the 10 pups from Bo and Quailtrap Sadie, Quailtrap Kennels in Ohio, Dave Hawk.
All 10 pups went to coverdog folks, mostly in Michigan.
They will be 4 months next week and running puppy stakes next spring. I'm feeling good with my pup.
I'm not certain which pup is mine in this photo.
http://coverdog.blogspot.com/
http://quailtrapkennels.com/

Bob Wheelock
Kennel Helper

Postby Winchey » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:46 am

Atleast one of them came out east, can't wait to see her run next spring. Hope shes not too good though, I just got a pup to run against her.
Winchey
Kennel Helper

Shadow Oak Bo

Postby bhouston » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:33 pm

Shadow Oak Bo has just won the Broomhill All Age Stake in Canada. One limb find and a huge race. This qualifies him for the National. My friends, Shadow Oak Bo is the real deal.
bhouston
Kennel Helper

Postby bkukar » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:58 am

butch

Congrats. that is a good win.

how many dogs entered and who was runner up
bkukar
Pro Scout

Next

Return to Horseback Field Trialing